Spokesperson for the party, JJ Quigley said “we are asking everyone to search their homes and hearts and give generously to the Gaza Toy Drive. Our local councillors and I have been approached by lots of people who are outraged and feel helpless at what is happening in Gaza especially to the children. We all have items in our homes that we don’t use and instead of disposing of them why not give them to the children in Gaza.”
Quigley continued “there is a ship going from Ireland, England and Denmark at the end of August to Gaza and we need to fill it with essential supplies. We have organised several drop off points throughout County Louth and ask that you donate what you can over the next couple of weeks. We need to have everything boxed up and in Dublin before the ship goes.”
The items needed are:
- First Aid kits; bandages, dressings and plasters
- Nappies, cotton wool, baby wipes
- Toys and books for all ages
- Children’s bikes with pump and repair kit if possible
- Clothes for babies and children up to 18 years old.
We ask that you don’t donate cream liquids or tablets. If you wish to donate money, could we ask that you purchase some of the above items and then donate them.
The collection points are:
- Office of Gerry Adams TD, West Street, Drogheda (Mon-Thurs 10am-3pm)
- Community Centre, Muirhevnamor (Mon-Fri 10am-4pm)
- Family Resource Centre, Ard Easmuinn
- Office of Gerry Adams TD, Crowe Street, Dundalk
- Longs Pub, Grange, Carlingford
Quigley ended by saying “we really appreciate anything you can spare.”